what I'm reading in December

Wednesday, November 29, 2017
Oh my gosh there have been so many awesome books released in the last few months, and I am way too behind on reading all of them and buying all of them. I usually read in the car, but we've been listening to a lot of podcasts – so I listen instead of read. And

It was a goal of mine to read five books in November – a goal I hit in October, and most months before that, too! – but I didn't quite get there.

WHAT I READ IN NOVEMBER

• A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas was a reread. My NaNoWriMo novel deals with magic (and in a way, faeries, although not completely) so I was drawn back into the world of Sarah J. Maas' characters Feyre and Rhys again, rereading two of my favorite books of all time, for inspiration and an escape from my novel. (I still cannot read the first book because it broke me so very hard.)

A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas was a reread. Once I read ACOMAF, I knew I had to read the third and final book in the series. Also, the next book in the series, which will bridge the gap between these books and the new books, is coming out in May and the title was released – so I could not resist!

What Happened by Hillary Rodham Clinton on Audible. It took me almost three months to finish all 15 hours of this on audio, but I am glad that I listened to it on audio! I won't share too much about my experience with this book because it is ~political~ but it was good and I am glad I read it.

Wonder by R. J. Palacio.  This was such a good book, and it had me ugly crying on a flight back from Miami earlier in November. And the movie! Ah, the feels – even Pat cried during the movie. Do yourself a favor, though, and read the book first.

BOOKS I BOUGHT IN NOVEMBER

Miraculously, I did not buy that many books (that many!) in November, and I actually passed on my November Book of the Month Club subscription because none of the options spoke to me. Needless to say I did not actually

• Far from the Tree by Robin Benway.

• They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera.

• The Glass Spare by Lauren DeStefano.

• The Hamilton Affair by Elizabeth Cobbs.

I got three out of four of these on Barnes & Noble's website with a great coupon (OMG, the coupons!) and stayed under my book budget for the month. You can't see me but I am dancing across the floor. Very proud of myself.

BOOKS I WANT TO READ IN DECEMBER

Future Home of the Living God by Louise Erdrich. This book is everywhere right now. I didn't choose it as my November Book of the Month which was a terrible mistake! It sounds so fascinating.

• Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake. I tried to read this over the summer and totally failed, but I am trying again because a new book in the series just came out – or is coming out? I am not totally sure – and I am totally in the mood for a new fantasy obsession after rereading ACOMAF and ACOWAR. I need something to get me through to May!

• The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas. It has been long enough with me not reading this book. It is on my shelf and it is nominated for a Goodreads award this year, and I cannot stand letting it sit there any longer!

• The Glass Spare by Lauren DeStefano. I just bought this in November so I am ready to crack it open and read! The cover is GORGEOUS and the plot is fascinating, so I hope it is as good as I am expecting it to be.

•••

What do you want to read in December? What was the last really great book you read?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top