we're moving back to Chapel Hill!

Friday, July 14, 2017

Most of the people who read this blog probably know me because I went to UNC and worked with them at The Daily Tar Heel from 2012 to 2016, so maybe this isn't huge news to anyone – but when I graduated last May and left behind the newspaper and the campus that I grew really attached to after four years. 

I think it's pretty safe to say I am unbelievably excited to move back to Chapel Hill!

Today, we're touring apartments. We have to be moved in by July 31! 


And in honor of this move that I am SO excited about... here's my list of things I am so excited about getting back in my life and things I cannot wait to do, now that I'm returning to Chapel Hill.

1. FRIENDS!
2. Easy access to football and basketball games.
3. Dame's Chicken and Waffles in downtown Durham.
4. Free parking in downtown Raleigh for Sunday brunches.
5. Linda's on Franklin Street. FRIED OKRA!
6. I-40 is way less horrible than I-85 and unbelievably less horrible than 77.
7. Gonzo's Tacos.
8. Theo will be back in the Triangle with his brother, Gus Gus.
9. The Little Dipper.
10. Food truck rodeos in downtown Raleigh.
11. Flyleaf Books!
12. And Letters!
13. And Quail Ridge!
14. The Chapel Hill Public Library and its quarterly book sale.
15. Actually knowing where the heck I'm going without using Google Maps.
16. Lucha Tigre boozy brunchces.
17. Durham Bulls games. 
18. Volunteering with The Daily Tar Heel.
19. Chapel Hill Tire Center, the only car place that doesn't treat me like a dumb woman.
20. It's an hour closer to Oak Island.
21. Downtown Raleigh's food scene – Beasley's, Chuck's, the Rockford, all of the above and more.
22. Walking Theo through the quad.
23. Silverspot Theater in Chapel Hill,
24. Closer to the airport.
25. And on that note, a smaller airport = less craziness.

I think I could easily muster up another 25 or 100 things that I am unbelievably excited about with our move back to Chapel Hill, but just know that I am so excited I can hardly contain myself. Get ready for so many posts about moving, apartment searching, furniture hunting... all of the above. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top