february recap

Monday, March 06, 2017
Why is it that February is the shortest month, yet the world insists on stuffing February with SO MANY THINGS? This was a wildly busy month for me – and I know that March is going to laugh at my face because it will be so much busier – and I am a little bit ashamed at how little I actually remember about what happened this month.

I put a lot of miles on my car and visited the Columbia and the Myrtle Beach newsrooms for work. I shopped way more than I should've (yeesh) and ate out way too much. But I also met my Stella and Dot sales goal for the month and continued to make my way through a huge pile of books I've been wanting to read for a long time – little victories!

What I read

  • Reign of Shadows by Sophie Jordan
  • The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
  • The Girls by Emma Cline
  • The Problem with Forever by Jennifer Armentrout
  • The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis
  • Modern Lovers by Emma Straub
  • Rise of Fire by Sophie Jordan
  • You Are A Badass by Jen Sincero
  • Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
  • Loving vs. Virginia by Patricia Hruby Powell

The worst book I read in February: The Problem with Forever
The best book I read in February: You Are A Badass and The Girls

What I watched
  • I restarted The West Wing to remind myself that Jed Bartlet is the best president ever, even though he is 100% fictional, and to arm myself with Sorkin quotes for whatever ridiculous things happen next.
  • Pat and I started New Girl. Great decision. I want a cat named Ferguson and I hope one day to channel my inner Winston.

What I cooked (and ate)
  • LOL. Let's rename this category for February. I made cumin-crusted pork with farro from our Blue Apron subscription. It was WAY better than the chicken with kale we attempted.
  • Amelie's made salted caramel brownie macarons this month. They were incredible.
  • How has it taken this snacking couple to sign up for Graze? It is wonderful. It is life changing.

What I bought
  • Honestly, I don't even know.
  • My credit card is so sad.

What I did
  • I got sick. Does that count? I was sick TWICE in February, which was just a total delight.
  • Pat and I went to King's Kitchen for Valentine's Day. It was delicious and I would eat their pot roast seven nights a week if it was an option.
  • We went back to UNC for DTH Alumni Homecoming Weekend. It was a blast to see our friends and eat at our favorite restaurants – oh, how I missed you, Linda's!
  • Then we went to Chapel Hill again for the UNC v. Louisville game with Pat's family – and got fried pickles at Mama Dip's beforehand, too. Yum.
When I recapped January I complained about never leaving the house because we cooked dinner and I worked from home. I tried to be better about working from the office – when I wasn't sick – and then spent the last week in Myrtle Beach with our newsroom there. And March should be much of the same – almost entirely the same, in fact, because I'll be spending the next few weeks in Myrtle Beach with our reporters there.

So, here's to less days spent at my kitchen island. 

2 comments:

  1. Ah, I love how honest you are about your shopping habits. I can also claim that I have no idea what I bought in February, oops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to be honest so that my mom can read my blog posts and tell me to get my act together! Lol. I was a hot mess when it came to spending in February – let's hope I'm better behaved in March.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top